WINE CLUB & TASTING ROOM SUPERVISOR
We seek a Tasting Room and Wine Club Supervisor who can provide exceptional customer service in a consistent, timely and thoughtful manner. This position focuses on building new customer relationships, increasing wine club memberships and retaining existing wine club members through customer engagement, consistent follow-up and outstanding customer service resulting in increased tasting room sales and longevity of our wine club membership.
This position has two core responsibilities as follows:
Wine Club Supervisor:
- Become an expert in our wine club and grow the wine club membership.
- As requested, respond to member inquiries and voicemails in a timely manner.
- Process online store and wine club orders.
- Process bulk wine club shipments, including labeling, packing, and shipping.
- Keep track of supply inventory and coordinate supplies with vendors.
- Participate in the development, set up, and execution of quarterly pick-up parties.
- Follow up on orders and issues including lost shipments and customer concerns.
- Report to the Retail Operations Manager as required.
Tasting Room Supervisor:
- Supervise all opening and closing procedures during relevant shifts.
- Lead tasting room activities to ensure maximum efficiency and customer service.
- Report and provide feedback to the Tasting Room Manager on policies and procedures.
- Prior experience working in retail and hospitality.
- Prior experience working in a tasting room or wine club is a big plus.
- Ability to learn the POS system and problem solve IT issues.
- Ability to implement delegated tasks with a positive helpful attitude.
- Confidence in delegating tasks with a positive, helpful and respectful attitude to other team players.
- Ability to work standing up and walk on concrete for extended periods of time.
- Ability to consistently lift 40 lbs. Wine knowledge is a big plus.
Part time hourly, with potential for further growth.
HARVEST INTERN (August 15 - November 15, 2019)
We are seeking an intern to assist in all aspects of the 2019 harvest. The position is available beginning mid-August and will running through mid-November. Our vineyard is located ten minutes from downtown Charlottesville and our estate consists of 22 acres of vines, producing a full portfolio of award winning wines. This position will be relied up to perform a wide variety of tasks and we are willing to train applicants who desire experience in all aspects of wine production.
Vineyard sampling and analysis.
Fruit processing and sorting.
Barrel work: preparation, filling, cleaning, racking, and topping.
Cap Management: pump overs and punch downs.
Sanitizing equipment: hoses, tanks, machines, bins, lugs, etc.production.
Desire to better understand the winemaking process.
Ability to work as a team as well as independently.
Ability to lift 50lbs.
Ability to work on one's feet for extended periods of time.
Flexibility to work nights and weekends when needed.
Comfortable working outside in hot weather for long periods of time.
Driver's License (for hauling stems).
Spanish speaking is a plus, but not necessary.
Hourly with overtime.
In time, positions may become available in our tasting room or winery. We encourage you to submit your resume and we will gladly keep it on file should an opening become available.